Increase revenue and customer conversion by implementing a few smart inbound marketing strategies.
Here are 6 things you can do today:
1. Follow your brand – Your website should follow along with the way your brand looks and feels to the customer. The overall message of what sets your business apart from competitors should flow seamlessly throughout your website.
You have to spell out what you want the next action to be.
2. Speak to your audience through targeted copywriting & design – Your customer base connects with specific language and terminology. You get to know this by doing a customer persona; the general traits and habits of your niche customer base. For example; if you sell fitness gear then you might use words like “power” and “sweat” with pictures of fit people working out at the gym. But you wouldn’t use the same words and imagery if your customer base was bookworms.
3. Implement call to actions – People skim pages and like to be lead to the next action. You have to spell out what you want the next action to be. Do you want them to email you? Buy a product? Subscribe to a newsletter? Don’t make them think!
4. Capture leads – Not everybody is ready to buy on the spot or they may have certain objections to your services or products. Capture the lead by encouraging a newsletter sign up and sending the lead to an automated drip campaign or provide something for free such as an ebook or free sample.
5. Optimize for cart abandonment – Cart abandonment optimization is very important. Something as simple as image placement could affect your cart abandonment rate. You will need to reduce fear, build trust and reinforce benefits. A few methods are: only ask for information you truly need, offering first time visitors a promo, being transparent about shipping costs, displaying SSL and payment methods, and displaying customer service options.
6. Plan for social media – Social media is currently the best way to reach out to customers, attract prospects and gain new leads. However, it must be a consistent, targeted effort. Plan out tweets and posts a week or even a month in advance with a mix of inspiring quotes, resource sharing, company promotions, instruction/advice and occasional retweets.
Your customers size you up against competitors on a daily basis. Lead customers and prospects to do certain actions on your website and ultimately improve conversion rates.